Thursday, November 7, 2013

Apples

Yep first it was peaches, now it is apples.

100's and 100's of pounds of apples.

Enough apples to make me whimper in defeat.

Here is a nice shot of some apples freshly picked.


This shot here is of some BBA's as I call them. Big beautiful apples still on the trees.


This shot here is of one of the trees.  You can see a the top how the branches broke from all the apples.


Dehydrated apples are SO yummy and easy to make. This first shot is of the apples freshly sliced and placed on the dehydrator shelves. Yes, I hand peel and cut each apple. Hubby helped to peel when he wasn't picking.


This shot is what those apples look like when finished. Still nice and extremely flavorful.


Here is a sampling of some apple pie filling for great desserts this winter.



The final photo is a sampling of the apples we gave away to food pantries and homeless shelters. I just added it up and we gave 1,030 pounds of apples to these places alone! That does not count all the apples I processed, the apples we gave to friends and family, and the apples that ended up in the garbage because the were not edible.



I put away all my canners, jars, and supplies tonight. I have the dehydrator doing the last batch of apples. Canning season is officially over. My gosh now it is holiday time.... Just shoot me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment