Monday, October 17, 2011

Clouds

I had the opportunity to fly the other day.  It gave me time to think how the same thing can have such a different perspective depending on how you look at it.

It was early to mid-morning. The sun was shining. I was heading out of town for a few days. I was feeling good. As we started our decent I looked at the solid wall of clouds. It was similar to this:

It made me want to jump out of the plane into them. They looked so fluffy and soft and how I would want my bed in heaven to feel. Heck, I'd like my bed on earth to feel that good but no such luck.  The closer we got to them, the more they looked like cotton candy. You could just reach out and feel the sticky sugar goodness.  It put me in such a good mood to have the sun shining and such beauty below me.  I can see where the saying cloud 9 came from.

Then we went through the beautiful fluffy stuff and  here is similar to how it looked below the cloud bank:


It was dark, gray, dingy. There was not one spot of sun. My entire mood changed. I wanted to be above the clouds playing. It was so beautiful up there and down here was the exact opposite! It was depressing. How could something so beautiful turn into something so depressing just by passing through it?

Just makes me think, just because you see something one way it may look totally different just by looking at things a different way. Maybe we should try that the next time we are having difficulties with a situation???

No comments:

Post a Comment