Friday, November 11, 2011

Tribute to Marc

Happy Veteran's Day Marc
and also to all members of the Service!

I feel like I owe Marc some sort of tribute. I chose this day to honor him as he is a Navy veteran and he used to tell me I was the only one that would thank him for his service to the country on this day. I thought that was so sad and make it a point to remember him on this day.  This year I wanted to blog so others would know!  This special person helped me through my darkest most hideous days of my divorce. He would patiently talk to me for an hour a day about this that or the other. He would give me sound advice on handling things with the X or the kids.  Marc would lecture over and over how I needed to take the high road. Do not stoop down to the x's level and things would work out. I grew to need these daily phone calls just to make it through my awful days. I am sure many times Marc would feel like he was talking to a cement wall; that he was wasting his breath and I was hopeless.

Please know Marc - you did NOT waste your time. Your advice stuck. YOU did GOOD. I am so much better off because of you.

Marc had a deep base voice that always calmed me and many times made me laugh when all I wanted to do was curl up and die.  There came a day when he felt the need to move on and he did so most graciously. I did not want this friendship to end. So STILL to this day I call him my friend. Even if it has been years since we talked - Marc is my hero!

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment