Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This makes no sense at all!

I believe and agree that in business, drug testing should occur. It keeps everyone safer.  That being said, it needs to be administered in a manner that also makes sense.  The following does NOT make sense to me at all.

So at said company, hubby got called for a random breathalyzer test. No big deal right?  Just go to said location, puff into machine and go on with your day.

Here is where the nonsense comes into play. Said company has you drive your personal car down to the testing facility which is over 8 miles away. Re-read prior sentence again. I google mapped it so the distance is accurate.

Yes, you read that right -
Drive your car to take a breathalyzer test.

Hello??? Is anyone home in the department that supervises this activity? If it truly is a "random" drug test than chances are you won't be intoxicated but also on the random side should the company take the chance in case the person IS intoxicated?  Wouldn't the company be liable if said person was in a crash because they were directed to go to this location to take the test? The whole thing is so ridiculous just to save a few bucks. I think the better investment would be to pay the extra and have the testing company show up at the office, administer tests as needed and move on.

No one asked me for input. If I get called for such a random drug test, I think I will voice my opinion on such nonsense....I will keep you posted if I become unemployed - not from failing the drug test but rather from speaking my mind. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment