Our house is at that age where it needs constant attention. The latest LARGE expense was new heating/air conditioning system. The system we decided to go with is called a geothermal system. This system uses the constant temperature of the ground, 55 degrees, to heat and cool your house and also your hot water. Hubby and I fell in love with the concept so with our current system on its last legs we went for it.
We set up the camera for some of the processes and here is a detailed outline of how it works. You may find it boring but I am enthralled with the process. Plus I get to be toasty all winter!!! Most systems go with an electrical heat backup system for when it gets extremely cold here in the Midwest.We chose a hybrid system using a high efficiency propane furnace instead. I am extremely happy with that choice.
Let me just say it was a journey to get this project completed. When the project was bid out it was estimated to take 2-3 days. Well that turned into a 3+ week project!
First, here is what the old system looked like inside. You see the furnace, water heater and soft water system.
Since the well drillers stalled out, we decided to go ahead and install the new high efficiency propane furnace and as much of the other interior work as was possible so when we eventually did the tie-in everything would be ready. The first day they got the old furnace out and the new one in.
I just had to take a picture of the guys hauling the geothermal unit down the stairs. It took 3 large strapping men to get that thing to the basement. It was heavy!
After may setbacks we finally got the well drillers back on task and working on our drills. In this shot you can see one of the ponds on the left and on the right of the photo is where the other pond is going to be for the third well. All their equipment is up the hill in the neighboring lot in this photo.
Here is a shot of the backhoe doing more digging in the yard. The photos with the date/time at the bottom were taken with our critter cam. It is a great camera that takes photos based on heat sensors. That way we could watch the work being completed and not even have to be home. It worked out well for the days they were working and we were not here.
This is another shot of the truck getting set up for drilling the wells. The truck setup took a while on each well. The actual wells getting dug did not take all that much time.
If you have any questions, please contact me. Thanks.