Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Peaches.

Beautiful yellow round orbs. I think it is my favorite fresh fruit.
Sweet, fuzzy, extremely juicy.
A fruit in the almond family, yes a peach.

The good: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Niacin and Potassium, and a very good source of Vitamin C.
The bad: A large portion of the calories in this food come from sugars.

Peaches have been consuming my life for the past 2-3 weeks. They were EVERYWHERE in my home. The entry way, the refrigerators, the counter tops, the garage, the laundry room, the freezer....ahhhhhhhhhh.


I made spiced peaches, frozen peaches, peach sauce, canned peaches, peach jam, peach cobbler, and peach crisp.



We had 3 trees that over produced. We had literally 100's of pounds of peaches.  In addition to all the canning and freezing and cooking I did, I also gave peaches to friends, family, coworkers, the church, and people walking down the street. OK so maybe not to people down the street but I did give 150 pounds (yes you read that right) to the local food pantry.

I'm tired and there are two fully loaded apple trees staring at me every day begging me to lighten their load.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment