The company I work for never ceases to amaze me at the things it comes up with to cause me to shake my head in wonderment. Here is a new one I just HAVE to share with my readers. This very detailed email was actually sent to an entire floor of workers. Be sure to contrast that with our floor. I have italicized the email. If you can't make it through skip to non-italic fields for rest of blog.
- Engineering will provide tape on a hook with a pen for labeling items.
- Labels should include owner’s name and date of storage.
- Write “FOR STAFF” if you’d like to share it with others on the floor. “FOR STAFF” items will not be disposed until the expiration date on the item.
- Anything not labeled at the last Friday of each month or that has a label that is more than a month old will be disposed.
- Containers and lunch pails will not be tossed. They will be rinsed and placed on the counter for a week.
- Food will be tossed in the trash can, liquids in the sink.
Did you actually read all that? I mean my head began to swim after the first couple bla bla bla sentances and I am a detail oriented person!!!
Now for the Refrigerator Cleaning Plan on our NON-engineering floor:
Note posted on refrigerator door -
THIS REFRIGERATOR IS BEING CLEANED TOMORROW. RETRIEVE YOUR FOOD BY THEN OR IT WILL BE TOSSED!
I like ours - simple, to the point, no bureaucracy.