Thursday, May 24, 2012

cinco de mayo

I had never participated in cinco de mayo before this year.

Geeze - now I know what I have been missing.
Yummy
Mexican
Food
and
Drink!

First we started off with free flour tortila chips and pico de gallo. Can we say to die for???

Here is a recipe that is close to what we had:
pico de gallo
Ingredients
  • 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 red onion, minced
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 pinch garlic powder
  • 1 pinch ground cumin
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions

  1. Stir the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.


And now onto the drink portion...
1/2 priced margaritas! The glass was completely full but by the time I took the photo the free half of the drink was gone :-)


After that we then had an amazing meal! I had a chicken enchalada with beans and rice. Not one bad bite in the entire dish.

I think we should make this an annual event even if I am not hispanic :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment